AHSC #106

Hello, here we are halfway through this week and of course it's time for this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.





I decided to make a Mother's Day card. I liked the colors in this Authentique - Flourish paper pack especially the pinks. They range from very subtle to quite bold.
Stamp is from CTMH called Flowers for Mom Holiday.
I had quit an ordeal with the Cricut. I used the Artfully Sent CTMH cartridge, just as it says on the stamp set. I set it on 2" and it cut out the tiny little 1.75' long tag. I had to laugh!
Because my Cricut is ancient and I don't use it for anything else but CTMH cartridges, I don't even know if it has a setting to cut the height instead of width. So I cut out a series of different sizes and decided that 3.75" and 4.50" would be a good ones to use on the card.
I inked the edges and colored the flowers on the tag and tied some hemp around the card. I also added some dimensional adhesive to the back of the tag to raise it a bit.
I usually make my cards bulky, but this one is going in the mail, so I made it more flat.
I'll definitely be using this stamp set again, because it has a nice set of flowers.




Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job on coloring the flowers, such a pretty card, I am sure your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That floral paper is wonderful and goes so well with the stamp set! We have this stamp set in New Zealand spelt "mum" and I have been using it lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coloring the card! It is quite pretty!

    Linda Norman
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card , can you tell me the name of the paper pack , and who you got it from ? Thanks
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS